Monday, April 6, 2009
A nurse who can't find a job..
I decided to do travel nursing last year and had numerous choices of places to go. I ended one contract in November and started again in January. I had fewer choices but never in a million years did I think by the end of this contract I would not be able to find a damn job. This economy sucks. I completely gave up my full time job at home to do this travel thing fulltime and now I don't know what I'm going to do. Most hospitals have a hiring freeze going on so I can't get a response to any applications. I have a son in college that needs all the help he can get and of course I have bills. What the hell do I do now?? My friends want me to move home but that is not a solution since I still won't have a job. The people I work with here want me to try and stay but I have not heard anything on a job here. I am stressed to the max and I can't decide what I should do. I have two weeks left on this contract. I could move with family if I needed to but we would kill each other. I just know something is going to come along soon. I have to believe it. I had lost 19 lbs but I'm sure I've put some of that weight back on with this stress since all I do is freakin eat. I need some release. I need to exercise or meditate or pray more. I don't know what to do. I'm so tired. My head hurts. I don't have the faith I use to have. I am trying, I really am. I have to have faith. What else is there. Good lord I need a massage but I can't afford it. I'm going to take a hot shower and try to sleep. That is the only way this is off my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment